Welcome to all our subscribers including those of you who've joined us recently.
We've got a full calendar of green living events throughout the month that are constantly being updated - there's a smorgasbord to choose from including the Kenilworth Cheese Wine & Food Festival, Workshops/Courses on many topics including organic gardening, keeping chooks and children's green holiday activities and Slow Food Movement talks. Many of the events are free so book in quickly to avoid disappointment.
You'll find some tips on what to plant now along with some other resources in our Recommended Articles.
Highlights this month:
- NEW! During March we welcomed aboard a new contributing writer, Tom Snowdon to our Green Journey team, along with some other wonderful volunteers who we'll be introducing to you soon.
- NEW! Inspiring Story - This month's story is about Emma & Matt and their journey towards living a more self-sufficient lifestyle. As self-confessed 'foodies', Emma shares their experiences about growing a vegetable garden with heirloom seeds. This is a great opportunity to learn more about growing food from seed. Let us know what you think by leaving a comment.
- NEW! The Green Blog - Check out the latest article on How to Shop Sustainably with some practical tools you can use and remember to subscribe to new posts while you're there.
- NEW! Subscriber Offers - Check out the latest for this month - the opportunity to win one of three copies of Clean Earth Living magazine and 5 x $20 vouchers to spend at The Co-op Bookshop. Thanks to these organisations for supporting Green Journey subscribers.
- Check out our Home Page where you'll find a selection of articles and news on our website.
- As our latest Inspiring Story is about sowing seeds, we've Featured 2 New Videos this month to help you build Seed Saving Skills:
- Our What's On calendar is packed with a comprehensive list of sustainable living events - updated constantly. See all April events at a glance. Check it regularly to pick up a new skill with one of the workshops on offer and support some of the fantastic local food and environment events in our region.
- We volunteer our time to add 1,000+ community events every year and provide Green Journey as a free service - Please share the Green Journey calendar on your social networks and tell your friends. We appreciate your financial support through our online shop and our Donations Jar. Thanks so much.
We'd love your support so make sure you Like us on Facebook and join our growing community of followers. We use our Facebook page to share latest news, updates on upcoming workshops and events, interesting articles, links and more.
- What to Start Planting Now in our Sub-tropical Climate
- 20 Creative Ways to Upcycle Pallets in Your Garden
- Free Make Your Own Seed Packet Template
- Great Plants to Grow for Delicious Salads
- Costa Georgiadis' No-Dig Garden Recipe
Please continue to support our local educators, farmers, school and community gardeners, markets and organisations who work hard to share knowledge and produce from their own green journeys.
Enjoy this issue!