Welcome to all our subscribers including those of you who've joined us recently.
We've got a full calendar of green living events throughout the month that are regularly updated - there's a smorgasbord to choose from - see our What's On Calendar Highlights below. Many of the events are free so book in quickly to avoid disappointment.
You'll find some tips on what to plant now along with some other sustainable and healthy living resources in our Recommended Articles.
Green Journey Community News is Sponsored this month by:
Highlights this month:
NEW! Inspiring Story - This month's story by contributing writer, Tom Snowdon, is about the beauty and versatility of working with sustainable bamboo. Sam Cunningham shares his love affair with this amazing resource and we hope you'll be inspired with some of the ways to use it. Let us know what you think by leaving a comment at the end of the story.
- NEW! The Green Blog - Check out the latest article by guest blogger, Bryan Gibson on "Farmageddon" and the Evaporation of Moral Sense. We'd love you to share your feedback by leaving a comment and remember to subscribe to new posts while you're there, as we upload new articles.
- NEW! Latest News - We update this section of our website during the month so bookmark this page to keep up to date. Read more:
- My Tree Photographic Competition - Win cash prizes. (Entries close 11 June)
- Check out our Home Page where you'll find a selection of articles and news on our website + links to loads of free resources.
- NEW! Featured Videos - If you're inspired from our latest inspiring story to use bamboo in your garden, check out some of these videos:
Bamboo - One of the extra scenes not featured on Geoff Lawton's "Establishing a Food Forest" DVD provides some tips if you're considering using bamboo in Permaculture design.
- No Dig Potato Bamboo Tower - A short "How To" build a no dig elevated potato tower using bamboo as a frame.
- NEW! Our What's On calendar is packed with a comprehensive list of sustainable living events - updated constantly. See all June events at a glance. Check it regularly to pick up a new skill with one of the workshops on offer and support some of the fantastic local food and environment events in our region. We post updates every week on our Facebook page too to highlight and remind you of upcoming things to do. In addition to the workshops and courses on offer, here are just a few of the highlights during June:
We'd love your support so make sure you Like us on Facebook and join our growing community of followers. We use our Facebook page to share latest news, updates on upcoming workshops and events, interesting articles, links and more.
- Alkaline Food Chart - free downloadable to put on your fridge
Please continue to support our local educators, farmers, school and community gardeners, markets and organisations who work hard to share knowledge and produce from their own green journeys.
Enjoy this issue!